15.7.10

Magic Music Take-Aways … La Blogothèque #1: Tenniscoats

I've been stealthing at work, watching as many of these Concerts à emporter by La Blogothèque as I can, and have just discovered they did one with Tenniscoats. Madness. I'm not paying attention...
Saya's approach to music and singing is one of the freest and most beautiful to behold for me. She radiates a boundless intensity in the lightest of ways. She's calm. She laughs. And then she sings one note, or three, plays a simple two-note harmonic phrase on one of her old keyboards and I can't see for tears, the whole world melts in a depth of feeling I ache to hold on to, just for a moment longer, just one. Her voice is peach skin and milk and grating stone and baking sun and she always knows exactly where to go next, even when there's palpable fragility, a wavering in the tones. She is sunlight and the moon and as rock hard as any clenched fist. Umeda once told me she's a genius. Sometimes I think that might be true.

les gars de la blogothèque, you rule. merci, mille fois, pour ce que vous faites.


Tenniscoats - Baibaba Bimba | A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment