1.7.11

Plan B talks to Miranda Sawyer

Just read this interview by Miranda Sawyer with Plan B, done just before his appearance at Glastonbury. What powerful, brutal empathy. 
"I'd never call myself that [a role model], that's for other people to say," he says. "Anyway, if you're a kid with a good life, I'm the worst role model in the world. I drink. I don't have a problem with drugs, apart from hard drugs. I'm no good for you, if you're from a good background. But for kids with bad lives, from bad homes, the fucked-up kids whose parents are alcoholics, who are abused, whose lives are shit, then yeah, I'll bring you up. I'll understand. Listen to my music – I'll help you through. You can rely on me."

3 comments:

  1. Thats some really deep stuff, and I'm glad that at least some of the celebs in this world are honest, even though very brutally.

    i love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her music! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's a cool quote. I don't believe I've heard her music, yet, though!

    ReplyDelete